Last updated August 31, 2018
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Bluewater Learning Inc. (“Company”, “We”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Table of Contents
1. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, and payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the (such as posting messages in our online forums or forms) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the websites, the choices you make and the products and features your use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data
Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like Facebook, Twitter or other social media accounts. If you choose to register in the way, we will collect the information described in the section titled “How do we handle your social logins” below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our websites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate our websites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our websites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our websites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources included: social media profile information, marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the websites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit one of our websites. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners. We may share information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With you Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information or otherwise interact with public areas of the websites, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our and registered through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our websites, and view your profile.
4. How do we handle your social logins?
In Short: if you choose to register or login to our websites using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Website(s) offer you the ability to register and login using third party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. Their profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
5. Is your information transferred internationally?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are in the United States. If you are accessing our form outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to the United States, stored in the United States and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “Will your information be shared with anyone?” above), in and other countries.
Binding Corporate Rules:
These include, a set of Binding Corporate Rules (“BCRs”) established and implemented by Bluewater Learning Inc. Our BCRs have been recognized by EEA data protection authorities as providing an adequate level of protection to the personal information we process internationally.
6. What is our stance on third-party websites?
In short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
7. How long do we keep your information?
8. How do we keep your information safe?
In short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
9. Do we collect information from minors?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly, solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the website(s), you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the website(s). If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. What are your privacy rights?
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may email us with your request at email@example.com.
11. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also know as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories or personal information (if any) we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all their parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the website(s), you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the website(s). To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the website(s), but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
13. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Bluewater Learning Inc.
6201 West Plano Parkway
Plano, Texas 75093