In response to COVID-19, businesses and our entire educational system rose to the challenge of engaging learners from home. Everyone forced into making the same, simultaneous change. Parents were thrust into homeschooling, while working, and noticed first-hand, the gaps with online learning for themselves and their children.
Creating learning that is engaging, remembered, and meaningful is no longer a “nice to have” or one of your goals for 2021. And that’s really good news because we can focus on making the learning great! This shared, global experience is forcing learners to embrace change, and they are leaning into this virtual transformation.
With many workers leaving their offices to work remotely, we need to be the catalyst for meaningful change in learning.
- Since March 27th, it’s estimated that 16 million US workers began working remotely.
- In a recent Gallup poll, 63% of all employed Americans worked from home in April.
- Gartner released April survey results stating that 74% of companies surveyed plan to move at least 5% of their workforce to permanently work remote.
1. What Do You Need and What Do You Currently Have?
- What are the outcomes you’d like to see for these courses; are they different from the last time they were delivered?
- Which courses, programs, and learning modalities are the most critical to transform?
- Who has the skillset in our team or extended team to visualize and create a different learning experience?
- Does our existing learning technology have the functionality to help create a new learning experience?
2. How Can You Get the Work Done?
- Do you have the resources in-house, or do you need to outsource?
- Can you divide up the work between in-house and outsource?
- Will the timelines allow you to create content that will meet your intended objectives?
- Do you need to phase your approach to be sure that each part of the learning is created in an impactful way?
3. How Do You Know You Are Successful – How Do You Measure for Success?
- Did we improve overall company compliance and eliminate fines/penalties from external governing bodies?
- Did we shorten the time to job autonomy for new hires and thereby increase overall revenue annually?
- Did we improve customer responses and raise NPS scores?
- Did we create a more effective career pathing and overall increases in retention?
The challenges of educating workers remotely are hitting us all. Continuing the conversation and sharing best practices is how we help our clients transform learning.
Please share ways that you are making an impact on your learners. We’d love to highlight your story and talk about how you are reinventing learning in your organization.